The study of the relationship between religion and the rule of law spans every civilization throughout every period in history of mankind, since those are among of the most familiar, most mentioned, and the most important things in human life.
Freedom of religion and the rule of law are both recognized and protected by international human rights law. However, various conflicts between the practice of religious beliefs and the respect of the rule of law exist in many countries and regions.
What are those contradictions and their consequences? What is the cause of those conflicts? How does globalization affect the relationship between the rule of law and religion? What needs to be done to create a harmonious relationship between the rule of law and religion in a globalizing world?
Date & Time:
- Tuesday 24 August and Wednesday 25 August, 2021
- Hanoi: 7:30PM-11:00PM
- London: 1:30PM-5:00PM
- Washington, D.C.: 8:30AM-12:00noon
- Utah: 6:30AM-10:00AM
- Washington State: 5:30AM - 9:00AM
- Concepts, Characteristics, Manifestations and Significance of the Harmonious Relationship between Religion and the Rule of Law;
- Concepts, Characteristics, Manifestations, Causes and Consequences of the Conflicts between Religion and the Rule of Law;
- Impact of Globalization on the Relationship between Religion and the Rule of Law;
- International Human Rights Standards related to the Relationship between Religion and the Rule of Law; and,
- Country/Region Experiences and Best Practices in Preventing the Conflicts and Promoting the Harmonious Relationship between Religion and the Rule of Law.
Target audience: Academic researchers, emerging scholars in religious studies, law and religion and rule of law related fields, policy advisors, policy makers, government officials working on religious affairs, and faith leaders. We invite scholars and practitioners working in this area to submit papers that would fit within the broad themes of the conference.
Registration: Conference attendance is free; however, registration is a must in order to attend (for both authors and participants without papers). Conference log-in information will be sent to you via email after you are registered on the conference webpage. Please register your participation by August 20, 2021. Successful registration will be confirmed shortly thereafter. If you have any technical difficulties when submitting this form, please email to email@example.com.
Online Platform: The conference will take place online via the Zoom Meetings platform. The conference will be hosted by School of Law, Vietnam National University Hanoi.
Contact: Please send any queries about the conference to firstname.lastname@example.org.