Spring Undergraduate Internship Available
The Institute for Global Engagement (IGE) is pleased to announce our spring undergraduate internship opportunities. IGE's internship program seeks to cultivate the next generation of Christian leaders that are passionate about religious freedom, international affairs, and peacebuilding. As an intern you will virtually take part in an agile and innovative NGO environment that engages foreign governments and civil society leaders, Capitol Hill, and the donor community. These are un-paid virtual opportunities to boost your resume at a time when usual undergraduate internship opportunities are more scarce. Given the remote work component, the ideal candidate will possess self-discipline and initiative to thrive in this kind of work environment.
Creative Marketing & Development Intern
IGE seeks self-motivated, highly creative individuals with experience in identifying target audiences and devising digital campaigns that engage, inform, and motivate. The ideal candidate has a passion for connecting with current and future partners and donors and a track record of SEO management, social media marketing, content generation, and past development and/or communication experience. The Creative Marketing & Development Intern desires to integrate their faith commitment with vocation; possesses a strong interest in international affairs; is capable of working independently; pays attention to details; and adheres to deadlines and professional standards of excellence. This is a remote internship with negotiable hours, open to undergraduate applicants from related degree programs (e.g., Marketing, Communication, Journalism, Public Relations, Advertising, Business, International Affairs, and Political Science).
This position will report to the Director for Strategic Partnerships and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Growing IGE’s online presence and developing brand awareness
- Planning and executing digital marketing and social media campaigns
- Identifying trends and insights and optimizing strategy based on the insights
- SEO (search engine optimization) and generation of inbound traffic
- Documenting IGE activities through photography and videography
- Drafting and editing reports, correspondence, and grant proposals
- Researching new funding opportunities
- Donor Database and email marketing synchronization
- Attending (virtually) and reporting on think tank and NGO events
Interested applicants should submit the following items:
2. Cover letter
3. One writing sample (school or professional) and one work sample that demonstrates your qualifications for the position
4. Video of yourself answering the following question: “How does my faith factor into my career goals and future leadership?” (please post the video to Vimeo or YouTube and provide the link.)
Applications are accepted on a rolling basis until the position is filled. Start and end dates are negotiable pending spring academic calendar and other applicant committments. Please submit your application or any questions to Meagan Carner at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you for your interest!