The Institute for Global Engagement (IGE) is pleased to announce an internship opportunity with the generous support of the M.J. Murdock Charitable Trust’s Vision & Call program. This program seeks to cultivate the next generation of Christian leaders that are passionate about religious freedom, international affairs, and peacebuilding. Interns will work in an agile and innovative NGO environment that engages foreign governments and civil society leaders, Capitol Hill, and the donor community. The internship features a 3 month training program on faith and leadership. Interns will also join the Murdock Trust’s growing Vision & Call Network and have the opportunity to participate in a Vision & Call intern retreat in Yelm, Washington in the fall. This is a paid full time internship based in Northern VA and is open to undergraduate students.
IGE seeks self-motivated, highly creative individuals with experience in identifying target audiences and devising digital campaigns that engage, inform, and motivate. The ideal candidate has a passion for connecting with current and future partners and donors and a proven track record of SEO management, social media marketing, and content generation. The ideal candidate desires to integrate their faith commitment with vocation; possesses a strong interest in international affairs; is capable of working independently; pays attention to details; and adheres to deadlines and professional standards of excellence. IGE accepts applicants from all backgrounds and degree programs (e.g., Marketing, Communication, Journalism, Public Relations, Advertising, General Business, International Affairs, and Political Science).
Interns' responsibilities may include:
- Growing IGE’s online presence and developing brand awareness
- Planning and executing all digital marketing, social media, and campaigns
- Identifying trends and insights and optimizing strategy based on the insights
- SEO (search engine optimization) and generation of inbound traffic
- Capturing IGE through photography and videography
- Search Advertising
- Email Marketing
- Marketing Automation
- Social Advertising
- Social Media Management
- Conversion Optimization
Please note: attendance of the Vision & Call internship retreat in Yelm, Washington, during the Fall 2019 semester is mandatory and a requirement for acceptance into this internship program. Please ensure that your schedule will allow for this before you apply.
Interested applicants should submit the following items:
2. Cover letter
3. One writing sample and one work sample that exemplifies your key qualification
4. Video of yourself answering the following question: “How does my faith factor into my career goals and future leadership?” (The video will only be accepted via Vimeo or YouTube; please refrain from sending a .mp4 attachment)
Applications are accepted on a rolling basis with the internship starting Spring semester 2019 and ends 3 months later (end date negotiable). Please submit your application or any questions to Meagan Carner at email@example.com.
Thank you for your interest!